The Splashes of Color resonate with the Diversity & Vividity of Human Emotion in the Art
Room at Atomic Energy Central School Rawatbhata. Individual
styles and techniques get honed under the well qualified Art teacher of our school. Students analyse artworks using various cultures and contexts.
They explore range of artists and artworks, using primary resources from art galleries and exhibitions. They are exposed to wider range of techniques,
material and processes throughout the year in order to complete their art pieces.
Art education constitutes an important area of curricular activity for the development of the wholesome personality of the students. Art is a process of fulfillment
running through every aspect of life and it goes on in a creative, productive and joyful manner.
Art has various forms which help us to let out our emotions and skills. Visual arts refer to Painting, drawing, sketching, photography, crafting, sculptures,
textile design, Digital Painting etc. For a person to learn visual arts requires years of consistent practice so they can put their imagination and creativity concisely.
Importance of Visual Arts at schools
- Helps kids explore their imagination power –Visual Arts helps children to represent their thoughts and skills. It lets them explore and perform their
artistic skills, imagination and memories creatively
- Helps in school work – Visual Arts also affects student’s academics as their learning skills improve with the practice of arts and crafts.
They are better at adapting skills and so they learn faster than the children who are less active in visual arts.
- Improves motor skills - Students who do art and crafts on regular basis learn to use art tools and techniques like different types of brush,
uses of colours, Photography, videography techniques etc.
- Boosts self-confidence – Visual Art is a way of representing one’s feelings and imagination in a form. When students make arts and it is appreciated,
then they feel good about their performance and hence are motivated to do better. This confidence and determination helps them improve their weak areas and
also they become more open about representing of their art skills
- Learning from artists- Children who make visual arts refer to work of the established artists. This helps them expand their knowledge about visual arts.
Visual art education helps students in analysis, judgment skills and improves their own art form.
- Decision and Determination skills - With art students learn to analyze, criticize, reasoning and logical thinking skills. This helps them to decide on
different alternatives and make better choices for presenting their work
- Focus - Visual arts teaches students patience and focus on their work. Sometimes, students while studying lose concentration due to distractions but
with help of visual art students learn planning and organizing skill which helps them focus on their tasks
- Coordination skills - Students at art class learn to cooperate by helping each other in their work. They are teamed up and given group objectives for
competition which teaches them team work and collaboration
- Accountability - Children learn ownership skills with visual arts as they want to appreciate for their work and also, they learn to accept criticism
for their work. This helps them improve their overall skills and make them responsible for their arts.
- Conclusion: Visual Arts helps students explore their creative side as well as it helps them in their academics. Schools too implemented visual arts in the curriculum as this benefits student in overall development.
Art education in our School
Visual Art is being taught in our school according to CBSE curriculum. CBSE based Syllabus is taught from class I to class X. Apart from regular periods students
learn & explore art from different co- curricular activities & art competitions as well such as painting competition, collage making, best out of waste, cartoon & poster
making, greeting card designing, face painting, vegetable carving, bouquet making, rangoli making, clay modeling, pot decoration & paper craft etc. students
learn in group activities like wall painting, props making, school decoration, stage decoration etc.
Art education is also being taught through digital media in our school also by using SIT LAB slide show & demonstration videos, photography, graphic designing
software like- ms paint, Photoshop, web designing, power point etc.
This academic year has been very explorative and fruitful in terms of visual art. Students took part in various school based (CCA competitions),
local Rawatbhata competions (Ganesh pooja samiti art competition, Dr B R Ambedkar portrait making,Durga pooja samiti art competition, Om Kothari
Institute’s online art competition etc) and won many prizes.
Safety poster competiton was organized by NPCIL Rawatbhata, under Satarkta Jagrukta Saptah 2019, where 42 students from different classes and categories received prizes.
All India inter AECS art completion Mumbai 2019-20 was also conducted where Harshita Jain (class IX) got third prize and Nivedita Roy (class II)
got consolation prize and achieved the honor for our school fighting amongst 31 AEC School students all over the India.
Students of classes VII, VII & IX made a 20X7 feet long colourful mural (painting) showing importance of cleanliness on entrance of our school during swachhta pakhwada.